Down syndrome ranks as the most common malformation pattern in man. Orofacial myology can specifically target the tendencies with Down syndrome, (keeping the mouth open and protruding the tongue). Our specialized therapists will design a plan for therapy to teach tongue muscle function and tongue rest posture to facilitate better chewing, swallowing and speech function.
Orofacial myology is a therapy that helps people with Down syndrome to:
- Retract a protruded tongue
- Achieve a lips-together rest posture
- Maintain a nasal pattern of breathing
- Achieve tongue rest pattern in the palate
- Produce improved speech articulation and better chewing and swallowing
Call us today for more information! (303) 759-2760
We offer Skype appointments! No matter where you are in the world, we can be too!